Retrospective Inclusion
1998; print approx. 12" x 12'
1999 installation with Lending Library at Carleton College, MN

Retrospective Inclusion pictures a chronologically arranged library of seventy-six
books, one published in each year from 1909-1984. This work was created in
response to an exhibition invitation from The Cliff Dwellers' Club, a long-standing
Chicago arts club founded as a meeting place for artists and writers alongside
businessmen and the cultural elite. Retrospective Inclusion invites women authors,
excluded from the club from its inception until 1984, to be included by virtue of
their texts. A lending library of books was made available to Club members.